Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deleted Thread about Killing Stripers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Chimenti View Post
    The guy releases 99.9% of all his fish. A paying client kept a schoolie to eat. He IS licensed. He does not need a six-pack charter lic to take people to Boyd's Pump for shad.

Get a life and go bother somone else.
    If I am following you correctly, you are saying that Tony does not have a 6pak license.

Thank you for clarifying this as Tony would not seem to address the 6-pak issue directly.

The problem is that Tony guides waters, (other than Boyd’s pump) where a 6pak license is required. It is these actions, which will continue to have his guiding/business questioned.
    Ric'R
    OUT!

Default Ok

"...you are saying that Tony does not have a 6pak license."

I said he doesn't need one to fish Boyd's with a client.
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.

Well I don't know much about the legality of guiding, but what I do know is that as a customer I would take an unlicensed guide who will put me on some fish over a douschebag any day.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    Well I don't know much about the legality of guiding, but what I do know is that as a customer I would take an unlicensed guide who will put me on some fish over a douschebag any day.
    Statements like this are why threads get closed. Out of common courtesy to Bill Kiene can we stop this, it accomplishes nothing.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

oK, an honest question here...what is a six pack license and when is one required.

Most threads are deleted because some people get out of control with their opinions and are attacking people.

I would not allow it in my store either.

I don't want people to think that I condone this behavior so I have to just delete it all, sadly in some cases.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Also, comfortably 90% of the legal Stripers caught by most non-fly fishers are killed, legally.

I doubt if 1% of the Stripers caught by fly fishers are killed.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

I am always for a slot limit to keep the bigger fish in the system for spawning.

This will never happen because of the commercial salmon lobbyists.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    oK, an honest question here...what is a six pack license and when is one required.
    Charter Boat Captain - OUPV - "SIX-PACK"
    Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels

This 62-hour course prepares students for their OUPV license - commonly called a six-pack or charter captain's license. The license is required by those operating vessels that carry no more than six passengers for hire. USCG requirements for the OUPV license include: U.S. citizenship; age - at least 19 years old; and one year of documented time on the water.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Charter Boat Captain - OUPV - "SIX-PACK"
    Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels

This 62-hour course prepares students for their OUPV license - commonly called a six-pack or charter captain's license. The license is required by those operating vessels that carry no more than six passengers for hire. USCG requirements for the OUPV license include: U.S. citizenship; age - at least 19 years old; and one year of documented time on the water.
    is this only in certain waters? Is this only for boats under power...does every guide rowing a drift boat need this? still confused

Default To clear up the issue of Coast Guard Licenses...

Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    is this only in certain waters? Is this only for boats under power...does every guide rowing a drift boat need this? still confused

First, Drift boaters don't need a C.G. license.The facts are that anyone taking passengers for hire in any powered vessel on any navagable rivers, (like the Sac., The Feather, the American or any of the mainstem rivers) bays or near coastal waters, in the U.S. is required by federal law to have a Coast Guard License. Period. No exceptions. For the most part what one needs is an "Operator of an Uninspected Passenger Vessel" license commonly referred to as a "6-pack" License, this license is good for all inland waters in the US with the exception on the Great Lakes, for that you need a Great Lakes license.

The Coast Guard does make provisions for a special "Limited O.U.P.V." license for the the Rivers like I mentioned above. The limited license is restricted to certain waters such as the Sacramento above the city of Sacramento, the American Below Nimbus, the Feather, etc. For more information check with the U.S.C.G. here:
    http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/RECs/oak.asp
    Phone them here: 510-637-1124

Personally I could care less if someone is licensed or not. I was fully licensed when I was guiding on the Bay and the Delta because of the risks involved with not being licensed. If a person is guiding without the proper C.G. license they risk everything they own and some serious prison time, if they are involved in any accident and someone is injured or worse, killed, regardless of fault while taking any passenger for hire in their vessel. Believe me when I say that Maritime Law is a whole other world that you don't want to mess with! One other thing is that anyone guiding without the proper license, in case of an accident, might suddenly find out the insurance is void!

Mike

Default six pac confusion... are some a little drunk?

Mike has it right. There is no "grey" area about it. double period.

One thing is certain, when the USCG boards your vessel they won't be asking for a Ca. guides license!