Thread: do I have to use a photo hosting site to post pics?

Default do I have to use a photo hosting site to post pics?

I use photobucket and it sucks. Do I have to use a hosting site or can I post pics directly from my computer? I normally put the photos right in the post and not as attachments.

To load pictures from your PC they need to be under 1 Meg.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by FISHEYE View Post
    I use photobucket and it sucks. Do I have to use a hosting site or can I post pics directly from my computer? I normally put the photos right in the post and not as attachments.
    For free storage and an awesome photo editor Photobucket is the best IMO. I know the lag time between advertising can be a pain, but keeping your computer "clean" and running fast is a huge help.

The pictures I posted in the "fly tying" section were edited and uploaded with Photobucket.

I use Flickr and if done on a computer almost no drama with popups which is what Photobucket is infested with! It's why they suck now. I stopped using PHB since they let ads in. But Flickr is not bad at all. I would say just a tad bit more thinking is required. If you are computer savvy you should be good to go!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

I just talked with my wife about this and she says "stay with Photobucket" especially now that I paid for a "NO Ad" program. It was cheap and eliminates all the down time and waiting.

Over on Blanton's board you can take pics directly from your computer but they transfer small and need to be resized as well.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Effective 6/28 Photobucket will no longer allow links to 3rd party sites unless you have a 500 plus membership at $400 per year. This has spelled disaster for numerous of blogs and was implemented with virtually no warning. Avoid Photobucket at all costs!!!

That is why I am switching to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoetrout View Post
    Effective 6/28 Photobucket will no longer allow links to 3rd party sites unless you have a 500 plus membership at $400 per year. This has spelled disaster for numerous of blogs and was implemented with virtually no warning. Avoid Photobucket at all costs!!!

Plenty of ways around third party links! It is always better to save files to your computer. With Photobucket I "right click" and "save as" before the photo saves to the bucket then upload to my blog

I think I am going to look at Flickr... PicMonkey looks decent, but I didn't check out the cost.
    You shoulda been here yesterday!