Thread: Depth Finder/Fish finder for float tube

Default Depth Finder/Fish finder for float tube

Hi Folks - I would like to get a fish finder for my float tube. I see that Hummingbird has a couple of new ones out, but they are not cheap. Then there are cheaper ones available like this: http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-FFW-718-...ds=fish+finder Certainly less bulky than the Hummingbird. I am curious about what you all use and like. I couldn't find a thread about this.
    Thanks,
    Gregg

I've been using the Hummingbird version of the fishing buddy for 2 years now and like it. It eats batteries faster than the old fishing buddys. I had an original model for over 15 years with no problems.

The finder doesn't tell you much. Depth, temp, and if fish are around. I would suggest you get the model with the side finder. It really does work. I learned that the hard way. It doesn't help targeting individual fish But it does show you the fish are there even you are not getting any bites.

Hummingbird Fishing Buddy is what you want. There's enough to manage in a float tube, and I know I would not want to have to manage a tow along fish finder as well. Looks like Hummingbird just re-released the FB and now they are a bit more that they were last year, but there are not really any alternatives unless you want to build your own.

And while they are handy for scouting new waters, you can still catch fish without one...
    -JD

Get a "FishinBuddy". I've had a model 110 for years, works great and you don't need a separate battery. Get the pontoon holster for it and you're all set for fun.

Fishinbuddy, hands down the best for float tube. Been using mine for years. I have the 120.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Thanks guys. The new Fishin Buddy is more expensive but does not include the side finder.
    Scott - I seem to remember that you had the tow along type at some point in the past. Is that right? Now you prefer the Fishin Buddy?

Hands down the Fishing Buddy. I travel from my car to the access point carrying two rods, an Abel Carry-All bag and a Fishing Buddy. Float tube on my back. Very easy to carry. Has water temp and side view.

Quote Originally Posted by treefshr View Post
    Thanks guys. The new Fishin Buddy is more expensive but does not include the side finder.
    Scott - I seem to remember that you had the tow along type at some point in the past. Is that right? Now you prefer the Fishin Buddy?

I tried it because it was super light weight. Turned out to be a piece of crap. Stick with a fishinbuddy.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>