Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2016 AR Shad Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Another epic float with Earle this evening. We boated almost a hundred shad!
    Amazing! Way to get em Jeff!

Quote Originally Posted by itsbenlong View Post
    Would anyone like to reply with your thoughts on where the Shad are right now?

Upper A
    Lower A
    AllOver A
    #2. It's that time.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbenlong View Post
    Would anyone like to reply with your thoughts on where the Shad are right now?

Upper A
    Lower A
    AllOver A
    A. All over.

Slower tonight. Earle and I got only almost 50. Lots to boats out. Charlie Gonzales was out and catching them too! With the 20 I got this morning it was a decent day!

Definitely all over! Had a good day today. Actually counted and I got 63 for the day with multiple doubles.

Here's a summary of how the run is going so far. I've fished 35 days in a row averaging about 16 a day. Last year I averaged about 8 a day over the entire run so I can say that this year's run to date has been twice as good as last year's. Having good flows sure has helped this year. The hot fly for me has been Bruce's Too Sexy (a Bloody Maria tied with orange floss) and variations of it. There has been a marked increase in the number of two handed anglers and gear guys showing up at the popular spots. I jokingly tell people to claim your rock!
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 06-06-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Great info Jeff and good advice.
    Thanks for the day by day reports. Enjoy em all!
    And yeah the Shad fishing is getting a little more crowded in spots. Good news is there are lots of places these silver bullets hide from us!

Most crowded evening of this run. Counted 18 anglers (mostly double handers) in a popular area. Bruce was out fishing (in town from San Diego). I claimed my rock (couldn't move at all) and got a dozen or so on an orange bleeder. Nathan did well using T-14 and a Bloodly Maria and a guy below was hooking up on a regular basis. I left early!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Most crowded evening of this run. Counted 18 anglers (mostly double handers) in a popular area. Bruce was out fishing (in town from San Diego). I claimed my rock (couldn't move at all) and got a dozen or so on an orange bleeder. Nathan did well using T-14 and a Bloodly Maria and a guy below was hooking up on a regular basis. I left early!
    +1..........had the same experience. I was on the water in the same run and got my spot around 4:15. Even then there was a big line up. I caught about 10 and left before 7. Almost every one was friendly and the close proximity of their fishing neighbors
    seemed to be well tolerated. There were just too many folks.................I think I will be bass fishing until the runoff is over.

Mellower crowd this evening. Only 14-15 anglers with more gear than fly fishermen. Only a few were catching. Got over 20 and left early!