Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Klamath Closure Info?

You may want to read the following USFS Regional Orders dated September 15, 2020 extending to September 21, 2020 if you plan on entering USFS land in the Pacific Southwest Region:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd804575.pdf

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd804574.pdf
    Last edited by GLC; 09-16-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Those orders pretty much eliminate all of my shore fishing access points from Highway 263/96 junction to Seiad Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC View Post
    You may want to read the following USFS Regional Orders dated September 15, 2020 extending to September 21, 2020 if you plan on entering USFS land in the Pacific Southwest Region:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd804575.pdf

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd804574.pdf
    As much as this sucks, I’m not even the slightest bit surprised. Way too many people are incredibly stupid and careless about fires, period. This year we’ve seen so much more irresponsible camping and fires, despite only getting out a very small amount compared to “normal” years. Add to that extreme fire hazard conditions, and tapped out resources to combat any new fires that are started... it was just a matter of time.

As others have posted I’m voting 2020 as worst year ever as well. I’ve had a few very special moments from this year, but man it’s been full of a lot of negativity too ��. Let’s hope we get some rains ASAP!
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

I just looked back at my mid Section Klamath permit allowing me to guide from Dillons Creek to Aikens Creek as well as on Trinity from Hawkins Bar to Big Rock are actually in Six Rivers National Forest. My mistake on that. I actually thought it was BLM land.

The trinity from the North Fork up is however BLM land and is not closed.
    Last edited by Brian Clemens; 09-16-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Everything is blocked off on the Trinity below Pigeon Point. The BLM campgrounds and access points have not closed (yet) but there is some talk of doing so. Be aware that the road to the Evan's Bar launch is FS land so it is questionable if you can launch a boat there. Evan's Bar Road is a county road until the pavement ends at which point it becomes FS.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Issac Asimov

Hwy 96 is within the NF. So pulling off the road at a turnout to fish is not permitted?

Just talked with BLM and Evans bar is questionable however bagdad up is open and available and there isn't any thing in the works to close anytime soon. Also chatted with someone with usfs and yes starting Sept 15th to the 21st from pigeon point down the river is closed. You can drive through but cant stop and fish. Its a daily thing and can change at anytime. With the current changing weather both getting cooler, 40 degs at 7am on the 15th and daily increase of humidity she can't see the usfs being closed past Oct 1st.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

The way I read and interrupt this order, is if the USFS land and access to the river is within the Forest listed in the Regional Order, then no, pulling off the road to access the river to fish is not permitted.

Exactly . For the bank angler this creates a lot of limitations. Not all of us fish from boats.

There's actually a great deal of water that is accessible by just walk and wading on the Trinity river. For years thats the only way I fished it. Does it help to have a boat yes, but it is not needed. It may no be as accessibleas say the Yuba Feather or American rivers, but there is a ton of water you can wade fish from the bank. BLM land is open, so from Bagdad up its all yours, find a turnout and go have some fun.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

~ Sue Kreutzer