Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fishing buddy question

Deckstar,

I have lent many -many rods to my friends, and to keep them my friends I always have an understanding with each guy. " If I lend you my rod and it breaks, you agree to pay for all repairs and postage?" By being 100% clear from the gate, there won't be any
    misunderstanding with a friend, Now after that being said, If I am with him and on the first or 2nd cast the thing breaks, I am going to think that the rod was "wounded" befour i handed it to him, and wouldn't charge him anything. but that's just me. My buddy in Mexico this year strung up his new rod in the room and the fly line hung up on the bed spread, he pulled the line tight and the rod snapped in half, Now If I had lent him that rod, that would have been a tough one to call, It's better to buy your own stuff and don't test your friendship ...my 2 cents

Carl Blackledge

Quote Originally Posted by Siskiyoublues View Post
    It sounds like it broke over something that had happened prior to the rod breaking mid cast. He just had the bad fortune of holding it when it finally went. It is what it is. I would pay the fee myself and get over it.
    I agree with this point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Blackledge View Post
    Deckstar,

I have lent many -many rods to my friends, and to keep them my friends I always have an understanding with each guy. " If I lend you my rod and it breaks, you agree to pay for all repairs and postage?" By being 100% clear from the gate, there won't be any
    misunderstanding with a friend, Now after that being said, If I am with him and on the first or 2nd cast the thing breaks, I am going to think that the rod was "wounded" befour i handed it to him, and wouldn't charge him anything. but that's just me. My buddy in Mexico this year strung up his new rod in the room and the fly line hung up on the bed spread, he pulled the line tight and the rod snapped in half, Now If I had lent him that rod, that would have been a tough one to call, It's better to buy your own stuff and don't test your friendship ...my 2 cents

Carl Blackledge
    And I don’t agree with this point of view.

Amoeba,

I think I said in my post that, "If i thought the rod had been wounded"? Then I wouldn't ask my friend to pay for it. So actually I don't understand your post. However your welcome to your opinion, Just like I am.

Carl Blackledge

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    I agree with this point of view.
    Remind me to never lend you two any of my fly rods!!!
    I'm with Carl on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by WLREDBAND View Post
    Remind me to never lend you two any of my fly rods!!!
    I'm with Carl on this one.
    That was confusing. because my name is Carl too.

Quote Originally Posted by Siskiyoublues View Post
    That was confusing. because my name is Carl too.
    I'm with Carl