Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Forum Request

I hear ya Jay! My wife and I saw him at the Greek theater 2 years ago and the ganja was pungent! Even got offered a brownie

I agree Dan Blanton's board is the way a board should be run. No nicknames or handles or off the wall topics.

I know there are a number of people that post on Blanton's board and this board, I am one. One of the posters on this board that seems most upset with me is a person that also posts on Blanton's board and if he attempted to post the subject matter on Dan's board he posts here, Dan would hand him his hat and the door.

I have no idea how much Fishwest monitors this board and if and when they do take control of this board they should either kill it (I hope not) or establish clear what content they will allow. What kind of board do they want, or not want?

For the time being I doubt if any changes will be made but maybe one small change, change the name of this thread from 'General Fly Fishing' to 'General Fluff' so some newby looking for some fly fishing information won't be

misled by the title. They come in looking how to tie a bimini twist and leave doing the peppermint twist.
    Last edited by Fishmaster; 01-19-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Fishmaster ....What Name do you use on Dan Blantons Board???

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmaster View Post
    I agree Dan Blanton's board is the way a board should be run. No nicknames or handles or off the wall topics.

I know there are a number of people that post on Blanton's board and this board, I am one. One of the posters on this board that seems most upset with me is a person that also posts on Blanton's board and if he attempted to post the subject matter on Dan's board he posts here, Dan would hand him his hat and the door.

I have no idea how much Fishwest monitors this board and if and when they do take control of this board they should either kill it (I hope not) or establish clear what content they will allow. What kind of board do they want, or not want?

For the time being I doubt if any changes will be made but maybe one small change, change the name of this thread from 'General Fly Fishing' to 'General Fluff' so some newby looking for some fly fishing information won't be

misled by the title. They come in looking how to tie a bimini twist and leave doing the peppermint twist.
    If this is really your major concern, then you must not really know how it feels to be a newbie and ask specific fishing questions on this board. I am a complete and total newbie to steelhead fishing, and I posted a question on the steelhead forum asking what are the common fly patterns used for the winter American run. The response? Crickets... Why? Why was the only answer I received a PM from one of the nicer posters on this board? I came looking for a bimini twist and I got my nuts twisted....
    Last edited by TonyMuljat; 01-19-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Dude. The THREAD is titled FORUM REQUEST. If you click into that, you must not be looking for instruction on how to tie a bimini twist, or where to fish on the AR. If you do click into it and read the first post and youre not interested, click away! When I m fishing with my buddies, we talk about all kindsa stuff, and it's good! Some of us on this forum are actually friends who have a lot in common.
    The other forums I frequent (aside from Dan's) all have a "campfire or lounge" and frankly, its the MOST civil section on the forums. I just don't get what the big deal is. don't go there if you don't like it.

BTW, I just edited the original post in this thread for those of us that are a little slow

And until a mod shows up here and does something.... GO DENVER!
    Last edited by jbird; 01-19-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Tony,

A number of years I went to Loreto with Atwin King's group and Blanton was with the group and one evening over a few adult beverages Dan talked about the time and effort it took to properly monitor his board. He has banned a fair share of people over the years. Hear in lies part of the problem. It does take time and effort and probably some expense. For Dan it has been a labor of love.

In your case with getting the 'Crickets' answer was in very bad taste and if properly monitored it should have been removed.
    -
    So, I'm off to Belize for a couple of weeks and I will not be posting or monitoring this board. I know that will breaks some hearts
    around here.
    I've had my say, so good by.
    Last edited by Fishmaster; 01-19-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Well fishmaster, have fun in Belize and post a report when you get back... in the saltwater section of coarse

Dan's board cant really be compared fairly (I know I made the comparison earlier) his format is so unique. Every single thread is out in the open... A preverbal "lodge den" if you will. Most forum platforms are like this one, where different subjects are discussed in different "rooms". For example, I have never fished for Shad and I don't have plans to, so I have no reason to go into that "room". I don't live in that area anymore so I have no reason to go into the Campgrounds/lodging "room". So for me, those sections don't even exist. That's how a "campfire" would be. If you don't like it, just pretend it doesn't exist, and it wont for you. Easy

Mike O Guest

This board is nice, compared to NCFFB, or worse...the Drake board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    This board is nice, compared to NCFFB, or worse...the Drake board.
    You are SO right. The NCFFB was pretty hot at times, but The Drake is an absolute gladiator pit. No thanks...
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/

This was just too funny and ironic not to share