Thread: 12/5/22 Pyramid Lake

Default 12/5/22 Pyramid Lake

Currently, Pyramid Lake seems to be hot one day and then cold the next day. Although the bite is picking up, the action is not quite there yet. However, I got to fish Pyramid Lake on 12/5/22 and landed a better sized "rat" on an olive balanced leech under an indicator. The bite seemed really weird this day since I had a few friends at multiple beaches and no one really excelled. Hopefully the bite will be more consistent soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2298.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	18595
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    Currently, Pyramid Lake seems to be hot one day and then cold the next day. Although the bite is picking up, the action is not quite there yet. However, I got to fish Pyramid Lake on 12/5/22 and landed a better sized "rat" on an olive balanced leech under an indicator. The bite seemed really weird this day since I had a few friends at multiple beaches and no one really excelled. Hopefully the bite will be more consistent soon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2298.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	18595
    Peter,

Thank you for the Pyramid report.
    I'm working on making a trip to the lake soon after I clear up a few personal hurdles and the weather warms up just a tad bit.
    It's been a while since I've spanked those Dang Cutthroats and I do miss them!!!!!
    As always, congratulations for not driving back home smelling like a skunk.

Dang cold water Cutthroats,

Bob

Thanks for the report.

Bob great to see your post, I miss your sign offs

I'm hoping to get up next week or first week of Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Peter,

Thank you for the Pyramid report.
    I'm working on making a trip to the lake soon after I clear up a few personal hurdles and the weather warms up just a tad bit.
    It's been a while since I've spanked those Dang Cutthroats and I do miss them!!!!!
    As always, congratulations for not driving back home smelling like a skunk.

Dang cold water Cutthroats,

Bob
    Bill, it is good seeing you on here. I think the Mid is calling your name! I should add that the fly size I used was a size 8 or 10.

Anyways, I hope you make it out to the Mid and give them hell!!!!

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by steveg137 View Post
    Thanks for the report.

Bob great to see your post, I miss your sign offs

I'm hoping to get up next week or first week of Jan.
    Report back if you can!

Peter V

Pyramid Lake has always intrigued me, but I've never had the chance to fish there. I have caught some big Lahontans on a couple of lakes in north central Washington (well...4 and 5 pounds...I guess that's not really big for Pyramid).

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCreek View Post
    Pyramid Lake has always intrigued me, but I've never had the chance to fish there. I have caught some big Lahontans on a couple of lakes in north central Washington (well...4 and 5 pounds...I guess that's not really big for Pyramid).

You should try it, some first timers from out of state have been known to knock it silly using some offbeat, small midge pattern the fish have never seen. The usual plan is to stay at the Nugget in Sparks, an hour or so from the lake. The crappier the weather, the better the fishing

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    You should try it, some first timers from out of state have been known to knock it silly using some offbeat, small midge pattern the fish have never seen. The usual plan is to stay at the Nugget in Sparks, an hour or so from the lake. The crappier the weather, the better the fishing
    Actually The Nugget is only a half hour from Pyramid Lake right at the I80 off ramp one would take(Pyramid Hwy) to drive to the lake. Carson City (where I live is one hour away)@ 62 miles (Wino beach to my driveway) according to the odometer in my Grand Cherokee.