Thread: Pyramid Lake

Default Pyramid Lake

A year ago this post would have been my my sixth post about the Mid. This year it’s my first. I’ve gone three times and have averaged one fish each trip. Well not quite one since I zeroed my first trip. It’s been tough to get numbers of fish to even give me a tug. Pretty sure the numbers for everybody is down so far this year. The culprit might be the temperature of the water being so warm for so long or the water level dropping, changing the nature of the drop offs.
    Curious to see if anybody is doing as well as last year and get some insight as to why your numbers are holding up.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    A year ago this post would have been my my sixth post about the Mid. This year it’s my first. I’ve gone three times and have averaged one fish each trip. Well not quite one since I zeroed my first trip. It’s been tough to get numbers of fish to even give me a tug. Pretty sure the numbers for everybody is down so far this year. The culprit might be the temperature of the water being so warm for so long or the water level dropping, changing the nature of the drop offs.
    Curious to see if anybody is doing as well as last year and get some insight as to why your numbers are holding up.
    Thanks for the quasi report Bill !!!

So.... you're saying it's been kinda' slow ???

Any idea how our Pals Carmen and Jimmy have been doing ??????

I FINALLY got my much needed Jeep repairs done (along with all of the Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years junk) and am starting to get that "itchy trigger finger" thing happening again ...................

As a matter of fact ........... I was thinking about going two days ago, but instead I did the "Looped with Dan Blanton" thing on a dozen and a half of my back-up fly lines.
    They're all hanging up right now cleaned and waiting for the Loon Line Speed to set/cure.

Next week "might" be in the cards for me ...... I'm tired of fighting the wind, shoveling snow, freezing, and the sun going behind the hills @ 4:30.

I NEED A FISH FIX BAD !!!!!!!! even if it's just a rat or two................

Dang Cutthroats.........................

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Hey Bill and Bob, I hope you guys are doing well. From what I know, Pyramid lake has been slower for everyone especially when you are talking about bigger fish. I have only gone out twice so far this year: one time in a boat and one time from shore. I believe my father and I have only caught one bigger fish so far that was around the 9-10lb mark but that is it. I hoping to get back up there soon. I've mainly been fishing locally all within an hour driving distance from Sacramento.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

You are so right about the big fish Peter. My friend's biggest fish so far this year is 15#. Last year i believe he had three over twenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    Hey Bill and Bob, I hope you guys are doing well. From what I know, Pyramid lake has been slower for everyone especially when you are talking about bigger fish. I have only gone out twice so far this year: one time in a boat and one time from shore. I believe my father and I have only caught one bigger fish so far that was around the 9-10lb mark but that is it. I hoping to get back up there soon. I've mainly been fishing locally all within an hour driving distance from Sacramento.
    Ahhhhh Peter .............................

I was wondering why there weren't a bunch of pictures of you and your father holding those whoppers that seem to find only the two of you !!!

I STILL think you fish with a troll doll in your pocket.

I'm going to give it a try tomorrow and see if I can catch a $ 24.00 rat or maybe a couple of $ 12.00 ones.

And, there's nothing wrong fishing locally as long as there's fish to be caught !!!

Patiently waiting for pictures of you and your father with sh** eatin' grins holding up some "monsters".

Good to see you around here again Peter !!!!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Ahhhhh Peter .............................

I was wondering why there weren't a bunch of pictures of you and your father holding those whoppers that seem to find only the two of you !!!

I STILL think you fish with a troll doll in your pocket.

I'm going to give it a try tomorrow and see if I can catch a $ 24.00 rat or maybe a couple of $ 12.00 ones.

And, there's nothing wrong fishing locally as long as there's fish to be caught !!!

Patiently waiting for pictures of you and your father with sh** eatin' grins holding up some "monsters".

Good to see you around here again Peter !!!!

Bob
    You are a funny man, Bob! I've seem to misplaced this troll doll since my trips to Pyramid have been mediocre at best so far this season. I may go up the hill and fish Pyramid this Sunday but the forecast for wind almost looks non-existent.

I hope to fish with you one day up there, Bob and Bill. Take care guys!
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    I've seem to misplaced this troll doll since my trips to Pyramid have been mediocre at best so far this season.
    Peter,

Did you look in your fishing cabinet ????

I'll bet it's right in between your rabbits foot and your four leaf clover.

If you do make up to Pyramid, please do report on the fishing, but more importantly ......... the catching !!!

There's more than a few of us scratching our heads over "the lack of catching" recently.

Bob