Thread: One Lucky Bass

Default One Lucky Bass

I feel like it is going to be a windy summer in the west Delta. Right now it is hard to find a break in the wind that is fishable for a kayaker with a fly rod. This morning looked like it would be maybe just barely fishable. At 7:00 it was not bad but by 8:30 the wind was picking up and by 9:00 I was heading for the takeout. I was hoping to find a striper as there had been some good reports but I did not. I did work the top water a bit and lucked into a big blow up and a pretty nice bass. The water visibility was no more than one foot which is terrible.

Sometimes the best thing to do is be grateful for your luck, go home early and walk the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    I feel like it is going to be a windy summer in the west Delta. Right now it is hard to find a break in the wind that is fishable for a kayaker with a fly rod. This morning looked like it would be maybe just barely fishable. At 7:00 it was not bad but by 8:30 the wind was picking up and by 9:00 I was heading for the takeout. I was hoping to find a striper as there had been some good reports but I did not. I did work the top water a bit and lucked into a big blow up and a pretty nice bass. The water visibility was no more than one foot which is terrible.

Sometimes the best thing to do is be grateful for your luck, go home early and walk the dog.

Amen to that idea and three atta boys to go with it.

Great image, great fish.