Thread: Sage 9141-4

Default Sage 9141-4

I have been given a Sage 9141-4 rod by an old friend who picked it up in trade and never used it. Now that I have it, I need to learn to use it. As I start to think about rigging for it, and finding someone to teach me spey casting, I am wondering what type of lines this rod is meant to throw, and what style or styles of casting it is suited for. My internet research turned up that this rod is no longer made, and that it is called "European" style. I do not know what this means. Being a longer rod, is it suitable for skagit and scandi lines, or was it designed for traditional spey lines?

Essentially, I know nothing and am hoping some on this board can point me down the right path as I get into this new area.

Thanks,

Jim

You could use a 650 Skagit on it with a variety of sink-tips.

That is a pretty big rod that they still use on big rivers in Europe for Atlantic ?Salmon and some use them in British Columbia on big rivers for Steelhead.

Today we sell mostly 5 through 8 weight Spey rods because the rods and lines are so good now.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hi Jim, Just spent 30 min on a full line review for your rod as Meiser, Anderson and I would do it. However the the post would not go thru. If this makes it in. you may call me. steve 541-840-2594

Go to Spey Pages and type in that rod under search - you will find quite a bit about it - but for sure touch base with Steve

http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/