Thread: Shuttles on the Yuba

Default Shuttles on the Yuba

Does anyone do shuttles on the Yuba since Sycamore is gone? I would appreciate any info.

Chris

Cool

Sometimes you can arrange with a friend or a fellow fly-fisher to drive up as well and trade 'shuttle service' for a drift... I've done that with friends from our club.

Works out pretty well. We meet in Marysville, drive to the launch. One guy stays with the boat and I follow [in my vehicle] the other guy with the truck/trailer down to Sycamore. Park the truck/trailer and bring the other guy and myself back to the boat, parking my vehicle on the other side of the river. When we're done with the drift, we put the boat and the trailer and they drive me back up to my truck.
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Default Shuttles

Chris ,my fishing buddy and I are in the same boat. We can't figure it out minus driving up two cars. Maybe some time we can coordinate a trip together (our car and your car)and solve both of our problems. Pete

Thanks for the ideas guys. Pete I may take you up on that sometime.
    Chris

Default Maybe we can get together on this one...

As long as it won't be too large of an Armada (which it looks like sometimes on the Yuba), we can work with a few of us when we're scheduling a trip down the Yuba between a few boats.

Default I would be up for a coordinating a trip.

Hi,

I have a 11-1/2' drift boat but it is only good for two. I would love to grab a buddy and coordinate a drift with you guys. One of the reasons I got the boat was to fish the Yuba and this lack of shuttle action is a bummer.

Ron - ronkenyon@hotmail.com

I heard that Yuba guide, Dave Barbieri, shuttles when he is not guiding. I believe that he has a taxi license.

AB