Yesterday I fished the O'Neill Forebay from sun up to sun down. Got on the water at 7:15am and fished the shallows at the Check 13 area. There are definitely weeds patches still around. I fished from the dam almost to the islands then drifted back through the shallows with only a couple fish. The couple fish that I did catch were in 13' of water.
The wind was breezy in the morning. According to the wind lady, it was blowing 1 to 17mph.
I would say she has to get the gauge recalibrated. At the most, it was no more than 8mph if that. Around 10am, the wind completely died down leaving a hot day too fish. I gave up around 11am, packed the pram in the truck and launched at the flats, (wind surfing area). There are a lot of weed patches just under the surface and enough to foul up the prop. I fished most of the open area amongst the weeds with a floating and inter. line. No fish !
Then I rowed out of the weeds and headed towards the islands and was going to turn on my fish finder to check water depth and found out that I left it in the bed of the truck, along with my hat. Going between the islands I thought I was out of the weeds, wrong. There's a lot of weeds still there. So I motored east a little ways from the islands and just sat there thinking "you stupid butt head" why did you leave your fish finder and hat back at the truck.
But just then, the area came alive with a school of stripers busting bait. I got up so fast, that I almost went overboard. Stripped off some line and first case, FISH ON! Upon bring the fish to the boat, I was getting my Gopro camera set up so I could film it underwater. I tell you, it's pretty hard holding a hard fighting fish and a pole with a camera attached to it try to video the fish. I finally got some video and brought the fish in and released it. Made a second cast and another fish. Then they sounded and I just sat there watching the dimples from the bait fish on the surface and then it happened again.
This went on for an hour, at least. I ended up with a couple dozen fish but could of had more if I didn't take the time to video tape the event. They were between 1 1/2lbs to maybe 3lbs.

I'm thinking about going back early next week but gotta watch the coastal weather for fog, unless the valley cools way down to prevent the vacuum effect and still getting ready for my baja trip next week... can't wait

Jay