Thread: Trout Fishing

Default Trout Fishing

Actually, golden trout to be exact. Yes it's me, Jay M and today my friend and I went trout fishing. Actually he fished while I filmed. Most, if not all know that I don't trout fish and haven't fished trout in 30 years but I thought I'd take a ride today. And a ride it was. From the flat land of Fresno to 8,000 ft elevation, I was waiting for the oxygen mask to fall out of the sun visor. The area was the Sequoia's (I know, I can't spell but my brain is still lacking oxygen). We hiked up this hill along a small creek, I thought they call them streams or rivers but it's a creek. In the little pools were some fish and a good percentage of them were goldens and some "hapa's".
    Great trip

Jay

I took photos' and videos

Question Golden's....

Damn!!!! Next thing ya know we'll be seeing you hosting trips to Trinity Alps and gettin' into arguments on the Steelhead/Salmon Forum....

Can't wait to see the film/photos....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I was waiting for the oxygen mask to fall out of the sun visor.
    Sounds like a fun trip Jay. Technically speaking, I think you still haven't fished for trout in 30 years if you were only filming. Looking forward to the photos/film, though!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

For the entire month of July we have had tons of people in buying flies for the Sierras for trout.

It's trout time now........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

30 years???? He's telling another one of his fish stories. I've got a picture thats less than 15 years old of Jay sitting in a float tube tossing a Callibaetis dry trying to fool some rainbows but he's probably to old to remember that far back .

There is something about our Sierra streams. We just spent the better part of two weeks down on the San Juan River, then up to Durango and the Animas and over to Mesa Verde. N.P. That trip was great and we’ll be back.
    Yet the morning after our return home, we were swapping out gear and clothes for a quick three day trip back up the hill.
    No matter how eager the Trout are somewhere else, something always calls us back to the Sierras.

Best, Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	On the Eastern Slope.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	1925  

Tony,
    I guess you can call that trout fishing...15 years, I think it was longer than that.

Just got back from the lower King's River. Man, the water is really high, it's flowing around 3200 fps. I had to take a drive to see what the water looks like bank to bank. Now it's time to head up to Millerton for some carp fishing

Later

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E. View Post
    There is something about our Sierra streams. We just spent the better part of two weeks down on the San Juan River, then up to Durango and the Animas and over to Mesa Verde. N.P. That trip was great and we’ll be back.
    Yet the morning after our return home, we were swapping out gear and clothes for a quick three day trip back up the hill.
    No matter how eager the Trout are somewhere else, something always calls us back to the Sierras.

Best, Dave
    Hey Dave,

Quite coincidentally, I am on my way thru Utah the next two weeks to fish, camp with my
    son, his buddy and my wife. Well, and some skatepark visits in Salt Lake etc.

We'll be stopping at Arches NP, Mesa Verde, hitting the Animas, Zion NP, Bryce, then Grand Canyon.

Any tips/recommendations?

Eric

I also just got back from the 4 corners area. Fished the train section of the Animas, only caught brookies, but one was pretty good sized. Guess past mining disrupted the area pretty bad. The Animas in Durango was covered with inner tubes and partiers while I was there, but I hear that is a better section to fish. Had a great time on the San Miguel though.

EO, There are a few other streams in that area that may interest you. Send me a PM if you would like my input.
    Mike Monahan

Quote Originally Posted by EO View Post
    Hey Dave,
    We'll be stopping at Arches NP, Mesa Verde, hitting the Animas, Zion NP, Bryce, then Grand Canyon.

Any tips/recommendations?

Eric
    Check your P.M.'s