Thread: Bait and Micro Bait (Lots of Pics)

Default Bait and Micro Bait (Lots of Pics)

I dont have too much time to tie flies, now that I have kids, so when I do find some time... I try to bang them out as fast as I can.

All these where tied in a little over an hour.

To do this, you must have hands like a sri lankan child, and keep all the materials simple. All these flies were tied using either Just Add H2o Farrar Blend, Supreme Hair, Clear Cure Goo, Hook and Eyes.
    http://fishient.com/materials_.html-Just Add H2o Great products all around.
    http://clearcuregoo.com - Clear Cure Goo

By using the Clear Cure Goo, I cut out the set up time and harding of the flies, I dont have to put it on a fly turner. Using the Farrar Blend, I dont have to do any mixing of material such as adding some flash to the mix or additional colors to make a more natural look. So that saves me time as well.

I used 1 clear cure goo tube to make all these flies and still have about 1/3 of it left.

Anyway- I know that I could have made the flies a little more "smooth" by placing it on a turner, but like I said... Its all about finding some time.

Any comments good or bad would be very much appreciated. Aside from spend more time and slow it down.
    Micro Baits

(Yeah, thats George pulling a bandito)

Now for the Bait... Name That Bait....

How do you feel about Blind Bait?

Dont kow what to call thses...

Thanks for looking and comments.
    Last edited by bcarson4374; 11-22-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Thumbs up Streamers/Bucktails

Good looking flies. Have you noticed any wobble or slant in the way your flies track due to the heads shape Shouldn't affect it but 3D eyes sometimes do....

Are you using these in saltwater I have used flies with and without eyes and find that I lean towards eyes (probably an aesthetic affect for me).

I do believe that when salty fish are being shy, eyes on a fly will be more effective than none. When they're blitzing bait balls, you could stick anything in the water and get a strike.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey, I think they look great!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

They look good to me.

Darian-
    Havent noticed any wobble or axis change when stripping in the fly. I think that many if not all fish key on eye, or even false eyes, like a dot at the tail. I do like using flat eyes normally as when you add the clear cure goo to the fly it almost looks like a 3-D eye anyway and they are cheaper but I was out of them.

Agreed on a frenzied bait ball.. You could throw a bare hook in a get connected.

Thanks for the feedback keep em coming.