Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rio Indicator Line

I agree it is great to get product review first hand. Thanks Terry.

Another option for indicator folks not settled on a line: I tried finding a replacement for my RIO 7wt salmon/steelhead line, gave S/A Nymph a try, but it didn't do as good as job. Through trial and error, the line I really like for roll casting weighted flies is RIO Grand. I'll have to try the indicator line sometime and see if it works better than the RIO Grand. But I'm happy with it.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Default Indicator Line

I too am not disparaging anyone's methods, as long as they adhere to fair chase. I prefer nymphing without an indicator, but will use them occassionally as a tool if applicable. The reference to a bobber and Pautzke's was a derogatory remark intended to put down indicator fisherman by the guide I was speaking with; guess you had to be there. This guy was of the "if it isn't swinging, it's not steelheading" school of thought, which I don't agree with, but I did see the humor in it.
    Robert