Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Davis Lake...

Hi Pete,

I enjoy reading your posts and those of Jon as well. Thanks for the list of updates on Davis. I'm curious however...you saw a boat towing a waterskier??? The usage rules for Davis haven't changed have they? Hmmm....might need to get Sgt. Diaz on this.

RFT

Can't believe Woody and Madison can't get along...

Hey Mike...its good hearing from you. How are things over at Frenchman's? Is that Sheep's Creek of yours still working its magic?

I broke one of my rules, don't fish weekends, and hit Davis this morning. Nothing to serious just went to wet a line and let the dog run. Not much going on...

And speaking of dogs...old Madison just doesn't want to put up with Woody's puppy antic's. Woody is still learning the ropes of fly-fishing do's and don'ts and one of the don'ts is don't mess with Madi.

As far as the water skiers I think the weed beds and bluffs will take care of them...

Take Care,

Pete
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Mike,
    Good to hear from you! Pete and I have been having way too much fun chasing trout in some very skinny water this year at Davis, We hope to bump into you this fall. Snails are back in the north end of the lake, so gravel bellies are going to be with us.

Pete,
    Christine came up and I'm teaching her how to fish, it's been fun! We fished the NF Yuba, and we fished Jamison in the canyon until it rained on us. She's smart, when we heard thunder she handed me her rod and said "This way only one of us will get struck by lighting" (lol). As far as the water skiers goes at Davis, THERE IS NO ENFORCMENT! In fact look at the local paper and they listed Lake Davis as a top swimming area - ??? - I'm with Mike here, Did they change the rules? Is the sign still at Honker cove? I think I'll look into this.......

Take care you two,

JB.

BTW - Blog updated!
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.

Jon your piece on Jamison Creek is like reading Steinbeck... you've truly been blessed with the gift of word - well done.

http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blo...son-creek.html

I drove up to McCree Meadows to check out Nelson Creek with Woody during that rain storm and I could of sworn I saw your truck parked at the Madora Lake lot?

I knew it wouldn't be long before you got Christina into fishing. With her background in entomology, river systems, and that artistic gift of hers she's a natural for fly-fishing.

I got over to Jenkins Point this Saturday early AM and not a cow in site - even as I hiked over to Sammie's Cove not a cow to be seen. Of course there was plenty of cow dung and hoof prints along the shoreline. Old Woody hasn't encountered cattle yet and unlike Madison who moves them right out of your way Woody would probably try and play with them.

The West Side road over at the lake is coming along nicely - it shouldn't be too much longer before its completed.

I never did hear back from Amber Rossie with Fish & Game out of Portola regarding the Lake Davis parasite. I sent an email to her and left several phone messages and to date not a word...I did do a little research on the internet on the copepod and it doesn't appear to be transferable to humans but I'm still not quite sure. If I do hear from her I'll post the results.

Hard to believe Fall is just around the corner...where does the time go...

Pete
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Pete,

Thanks for the kind words, all those creative writing classes I took in high school are paying off now.

That was my truck at Madora, Christine and I made it up about a quarter of the way, then bailed when the rain came. She was a little spooked down there as she did not realize how remote it is. Well, back to tying hoppers..........

JB
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.