Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 days in Norcal

Very fine pieces of prose and a very thorough, soulful, and visual report.

The best kind...

Thanks
    M

Default A hearty thank you

Thanks a bunch STEELIES... it takes a lifetime to come up with and a couple of hours to write. I'm about 2 years into flyfishing ... and wondering what took me so long!!

Best wishes (meaning: best fishes)
    Tug-o-rama
    Cris

Default Two years, huh?

What a wonderful perspective! Your account takes me back 53 years to the time I first was mesmerized by this sport (and continue to be...). I never could have described what enchanted me nearly so well as you have done...
    Maintain that perspective and keep on recounting what you visualize as it all unfolds...you possess a gift that is meant to be shared. I know I shall look forward to future posts!

(Oh yeah, definitely a cuttie with all those spots)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Powell View Post
    What a wonderful perspective! Your account takes me back 53 years to the time I first was mesmerized by this sport (and continue to be...). I never could have described what enchanted me nearly so well as you have done...
    Maintain that perspective and keep on recounting what you visualize as it all unfolds...you possess a gift that is meant to be shared. I know I shall look forward to future posts!

(Oh yeah, definitely a cuttie with all those spots)
    Thank you Don, I was already having a pretty good day. I'm taken aback by your post... I mean, I can't imagine the things you've seen in your years of fly fishing. To take you back, is a reward indescribable to me. It's spooky. The good kind of spooky, the kind that makes the beaten path jump aside into a new reality as a road less traveled... the kind that wakes you up and makes you remember that this is life. And it has fly fishing in it. I started this journey to catch fish, and I've ended up chasing my own heart.

THANK YOU,
    Cris