I will keep it short and sweet. Started of with a 3 day two night camping/fishing trip up to the east carson. Never being up there I did not know what to expect. We arrived (6-19) to find the river was pretty high and brown but the overall scenery quickly made up for that. Camp where wolf creek met the e. carson and ended up hooking a nice 12" brown. After exploring the C@R section of the carson went to a high mountain lake in the area and got into some nice 14-16" rainbows. That was about it for that trip, so waking up the next day decided to float the yuba. (6-22) The river was flowing higher then what I am use to, but was gin clear. Nymphing was tough and did not produce any grabs but towards the end of the float tied on a mayfly and devirginized the red pontoon with it's first rainbow. At the end of the drift hooked into a pig, off the bank, that I put to much pressure on and bent my hook out....it was either that or let him take me into fast water and spool me. (think I made the right choice) And save the best for last. Floated the same section... this time with my girl at the front of the boat casting, and right at that prime time dry time...BOOM...my girls first respectable rainbow on the fly, about 16" on the same mayfly pattern.

Breakdown of the trip:

E. Carson brown caught on a trico emerger
high mountain lake rainbow caught on a san jaun worm with intermidiate line
All 4 rainbows on the yuba caught on a sulfer mayfly