Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Kistler Ranch

We should do a trip witha bunch of people on the board. If everyone chipped in it would be alot more affordable. I would be up for going.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I'm still waiting to hear back from Steve Kistler so I can verify the rates and I will get the days still available and post them.
    FollowTheFish

i'm interested in joining a kiene's group though i'm not a really active participant on this board (though i do visit it often).

eric
    fresno, ca.

Finally talked to the Kistlers. The only weekend available is Jun 6 and 7. Other than that she told me that any weekday is available until camp starts. The cost is $350 per day for any amount of anglers. I'm not sure if they take reservations after camp but the place usually gets hammered everyday for a month and a half so probably needs a little break. I'll be fishing there Monday and I'll post a report on how it went. John
    FollowTheFish

I forgot to post a report after I went to Kistlers. Fishing was slow, 2 bass to boat for the guys using rubber worms. I threw a wooly bugger for a minute then decided to keep the boat steady in the wind. It sure isn't what it used to be. We used to bring one in every other cast or so. I hope to use the place to do some studies for my fish biology degree. With any luck we can get that place turned around and make it a local destination fishery.
    FollowTheFish

Fished Kistler once with a group set up by Loretta last spring. Did REAL well on LM's useing top-water "frogs". Three ponds to ply. GREAT place. Lots of fish. Not big fish......but plenty fish.
    ....lee s.
    PS....Put Susan and I down if you'se guys plan an outing.