Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Davis Iced Out

The last fishing derby at Rancho Seco in March i was standing next to the hatchery truck making a dump of trophy trout and notices the name on the truck was from Mt. Lassen trout hatchery....looking for a edge on the catching of these trophy trout i look up the web site for the hatchery....and found the FREAKOIDS (triploids) trophy trout....now these trout are not genetically engineered....the eggs are sterilezes....ifffff some of these freakoids were planted in Davis lake....they would not have sex on their mind....and we would not be loosing these trophy trout in snow melt streams....they would only be thinking about food...and getting bigger every year. http://www.californiafishingguide.com/trout_history.htm

http://radio.weblogs.com/0105910/2004/01/07.html

I found this on the web about Eagle Lake trout and how they handle snow melt streams. http://eaglelakefishing.net/gallery2...?g2_itemId=593

Anybody have an update on the snow and ice conditions, maybe even the fishing?

Jay-
    The lake is ice free and fishing well.The boat ramp has been plowed and the dock has been installed.The road on the east side is free of snow and the west side road appears to have been plowed as well.There is some snow on the shoreline but not much.The wife and I fished yesterday and she landed 2 nice fish while I landed 6 fish including one that was almost 24".We were fishing buggers on long leaders and floating lines.

See you on the water!

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Jay did you take a boat out or fish from shore? I was out at Honker last week and they had plowed the ramp and had plans to put the dock in this past Friday - looks like they got it in.

I'm glad to hear you got into some nice fish!

Pete
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Pete-
    PM sent

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Thank you sir!

Thanks Jay. I drove out yesterday to check things out and exercise the dog. The Honker Cove boat ramp looks ready and the West Side road is open to the Camp Five Boat Ramp - the road into Eagle Point is still snowed in. I walked over to Jenkins Point...the water level looks like it needs a couple of real good shots of rain / snow.

Pete

The Honker Cove Ramp

The West Side road

Jenkins Point
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach