Thread: New Redington fly rods (by Sage)

Default New Redington fly rods (by Sage)

I was just noticing how nice the new Redington fly rods are now that Sage bought them.

The RS3 4 piece are $199 and come with a lifetime warranty and a nice Cordura cover rod case.

The CPS 4 piece are $249 and also come with a lifetime warranty and a Cordura covered rod case.

They come in lots of sizes from 3 to 12 weights.

Next time you are in the shop take a serious look at these rods.

Their cosmetics and hardware at very nice.

They feel very good too. I will have to cast some.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

After you cast the CPS I'd be interested in reading your opinion.

Default Redington Rods....

Question for Bill,..... Before we spoke today, I "kicked the tires" on the two Redington fly rods you mention. Not much difference in price but I found the actions a bit soft . They were 12 weight, 4pc rods. The RS3 had a thicker butt section..... Both rods look very good .

Haven't casted 'em yet but.... I'm sure I could cast either of these rods very well . What concerns me is the lifting power of these rods.... They don't seem as solid as the TFO rods of comparable sizes (....not a big fan of TFO rods). Am I just worried too much or what
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian,

We should cast them both outside with others with a WF13F.

I am more concerned with casting that lifting myself.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill - or anyone - Have you cast that CPS yet? I am looking for a 4 piece in a 5 weight and I have heard a couple of positive comments on this rod. I still want the SLT, but, at more than half the cost, the CPS seems to be a good buy...

The CPS is faster than the SLT. The SLT has a great FEEL. The CPS is a nice rod for the money but it's not the SLT. Not everyone can purchase a SLT without the risk of devorce or bankruptcy. The CPS rods feel very nice for the price point, so do the Scott A2's, Sage Fli's.

Give all of them a try if your budget is near $300. If you can afford the SLT cast it along side of those others rods and pick the rod that FEELS the best to you.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Default CPS

I'm with Adam. I cast a buddies CPS rod and it is very nice if you like the faster action rods. I'm more of a med. fast action in the lower line wieghts and the SLT is perfect. One thing I can say about the CPS rod is the warranty is great. I broke the rod on the second section and sent it in with $25 and they sent back a brand new rod with the tip section of the original rod all within a week. Can't say that about any other manufacturer I've had to send a rod back to.

Default Re: CPS

Quote Originally Posted by flygolf
    I'm with Adam. I cast a buddies CPS rod and it is very nice if you like the faster action rods. I'm more of a med. fast action in the lower line wieghts and the SLT is perfect. One thing I can say about the CPS rod is the warranty is great. I broke the rod on the second section and sent it in with $25 and they sent back a brand new rod with the tip section of the original rod all within a week. Can't say that about any other manufacturer I've had to send a rod back to.
    You probablly havent had a tfo then. Tfo has a unbeatable warranty. Maybe redington has tied it?

Default tfo warranty

Steve, you're right, I don't have any TFO's although I hear they are an outstanding value. It's good to hear about thier warranty as well. Maybe I'll add one to my collection. Thanks

Thanks guys. I think divorce might be in the cards if I buy that SLT... you know groceries, kids tuition, mortgage, all that stuff seems to take precedence. Go figure! I havn't thought much about the TFO's but I'll take a closer look.