Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reel "hardness"

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Head View Post
    Wouldn't we all! Can you imagine the price tag on a titanium reel! Ouch! I'm sure someone out there has done it.

Cheers
    From Jim Williams website ..... a little perspective -

" Henschel #5 titanium Dual-mode. One of the rarest reels available, and I actually have two identical models. These are machined from titanium and only five of them have been made to this point. 4.75"x1.05" and 22oz. It'll hold enough line for almost any type of fishing, including large tuna. I have the identical reel and it is almost all I ever use when fishing for pelagic species. On it I have various shooting heads, followed by 100' of 0.30" running line, then about 350yds of PowerPro Gel spun backing, followed by about 200yds of 30# Scientific Anglers white backing. The Henschel dual-mode is friction based so there is no clunking or other noise from cams being only partly engaged. As titanium is very difficult to mar the finish is near perfect. Since all titanium Henschel reels are essentially made-to-order, the owner requested that there not be any addditional engraving on these reels. Karl-Heinz couldn't give me a current price that would be charged if one of these were ordered new today, but I'd guess that somewhere between $9K and 10K would be close. These are set up for LH and due to their value would be very expensive to return to Germany to have them converted. So figure LH only. $6000.00 each. "

Hell ..... at those prices , why not buy two ??

David

Wink

The Hardy Zane Ti retails for $10,000. I have seen them for as low as $9,700. I'm sure they are moving fast.
    T.