Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free 'Half-pounder' seminar @ Watt Avenue

Can someone post info from the seminar last night, work had me going all over the state so I was way to tired to be out on the water last night. I am really bummed about missing the class.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Jeff talked about Switch rods for a while then talked about fly fishing for summer Steelhead and Half-pounders and then demonstrated some casting/fishing techniques.

40 people showed up and it was really nice down on the river.

It was a good event..........now just get out there in the morning and evening for the next two months and you will get them.

Half-pounders were rolling right behind Jeff last night.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I wanted to attend but was up at the Trinity instead.

I'm not real experienced with the American. I've only fished in the area around El Manto. Is the area around Watt better for half pound action? I drove over the bridge once and looked to see mostly slow water. Are there riffles down there?

BTW, I'm a big fan of switch rods and swinging flies. The greatest thing about the switch is that you can not only spey cast, but they also work great as a single hand rod if you don't mind pushing a little more weight around. Additionally, the length make for a good pocket water rod. Wish I could of made it to this event. Maybe next time.

I have fished all the water above the bridge for many years. It is popular but there are tons of place on the river to fish.

You can swing flies for Half-pounders from Sailor Bar near the hatchery downstream to the end of Paradise Beach. That's a lot of water........

Right now I think really early is best with the warm weather and evenings are second best time.

September and October are great months for swinging for half-pounders in the Lower American River.

After we get some weather and overcast you could fish all day. Floating the river all day and getting out at every good looking spot would be good in October/November.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........