Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dognapping

Default Dognapping

Moral/legal quandry: since my neighbor across the hall is a junkie and drives drunk and doesn't know where she left the dog or even her car and I love the world's finest hound more than my life, would it be right to steal the hound and give him an owner that walks and feeds him as I do? If you met Al you would fall in love in a measure of time less than a nanosecond. Think he is a Aussie shepard/border collie mix. Smart dude and graceful as the Bolshi Ballet on a good day. Mash the last twenty years of supermodels together to make one and the dog is still cuter. He is one hell of a hound and deserves the best and he isn't getting it from this hopeless women.

Girls and boys, ring in on this decision. My mind is pretty much made up but any input is welcome. I don't lie, cheat or steal and only break the laws of nature on my diet of beer and chew and garlic but I believe I have to go to the wall for Al. NEVER LEAVE A DOG BEHIND!!!!

If the person is truly a junkie and the dog is being mistreated, I would remove it from a bad situation.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I'm with you on this one..............
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Rather than "dognap" it, why not trade her a six-pack (or what ever else she values!) for it? I'll bet she jumps all over that!

If the situation truly is as you've described it, I agree with your decision to rescue the dog 100%. I once rescued a dog myself that was in a similar situation.
    Friends don't let friends eat farmed Salmon!

Tough situation. I would probably call the local SPCA to discuss options. Obviously you want what is best for the dog, but you don't want to get into any legal trouble either. I don't know what the laws are, but it doesn't realy make much sense to rescue a dog, if you are going to end up in jail for it.

Maybe offer to purchase the dog first?

Quote Originally Posted by Amador
    Tough situation. I would probably call the local SPCA to discuss options. Obviously you want what is best for the dog, but you don't want to get into any legal trouble either. I don't know what the laws are, but it doesn't realy make much sense to rescue a dog, if you are going to end up in jail for it.

Maybe offer to purchase the dog first?
    Getting SPCA involved is scary. They kill a lot of animals. He would have no guarantee of adopting it if SPCA got involved. I've had bad experiences with them and don't like them very much.

If people decided to take things in their own hands everytime they disagreed with the way someone handled their pets, where would that get us? Would you steal someones child if you thought they were mistreated? I understand how you feel but let the authorities take care of it, let them know before hand you would like to take the animal if its seized.

Default dog stealing is a crime

It's a crime to steal a dog. Could be a misdemeanor or felony depending on the value of the animal. Think before you act, it could be life-altering, depending on your employment aspirations and whether or not you place any value on being able to vote or own firearms.

Steve
    It's a Chromer!

It's definitely NOT a felony, or "somebody's child." Vote, own fire arms, liberate mistreated animals, sleep well.