Thread: New product - Brush on Super Glue

Default New product - Brush on Super Glue

Loctite has come out with a brush on super glue that I am now using. It is great to use a brush to put super glue on my whip finishes. No more putting to much or dealing with a sticky top on the super gule container. I was able to get the Brush on super glue at Wal-Mart. It has replaced a couple of glues that I use to use.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Waterproof ??

Easy way to tell - after the fly dries , dunk it in a glass of water for an hour , then hit the head w/ a fingernail .

Let me know -

David

Yup, it's waterproof. Folks have been using it to coat chironomid patterns for a few years now. Makes a nice shiny and durable body. Great for thread bodied flies.

A bit overkill for a whip finish, IMHO. Heck, if you're going to use superglue, why bother whip finishing at all? Just put the glue on and make a few wraps and you're done. YMMV.
    -JD

Hey Scott,

Yes, this is a nice applicator, although in 4 bottles, I haven't been able to finish the bottle before it went bad.

FYI: For wraps I prefer the thinner, Loctite 406, which penetrates wraps and material much better than standard Super Glue, IMHO.

Locktite has a new, improved bottle/cap system (406) which is considerably better than what they had before. This CA glue is a bit expensive, but is awesome for locking everything to the shank, especially gurgler foam.

Locktite also makes a gel product that is perfect for stick-on eyes. Nice applicator.

Hope this helps.

$.02
    Lee