Thread: Looking for fly tying supplies

Default Looking for fly tying supplies

Hello all,

I am a relitively new to fly tying. I am looking for a place that sells supplies at a resonable price. I have been ordering from American Fly fishing Co. Online and who ever I talk to has nothing but bad to say about them in general. I have constantly heard great things about bills shop though. And I mean great like he has done things he shouldn't have had to do. For example warrenty work that other shops should have done but he did it at his shop even when the product wasn't bought at his store.

I live 2hrs away from sacrament and for me to drive up there would be a waste. I am looking for quality products and NO BassPro isn't quality when it comes to fly tying. I have already made that mistake. If you have any sugestions please let me know. I plan on making any future purchases at Bills shop now on, yet for basic supplies I don't want to do a 4hr round trip just to buy $2.99 feathers.

Any help would be greatful. Also my next vise I plan on buying at Bills shop. Hello Barracuda Jr. Of course when my funds allow for me to do that. Unless any one can suggest a good rotary vise that would do wonders at a cheaper price compared to the Dyna King.

Any way thanks for taking the time to read this.

Gary, the Cuda Jr. is a great vise, the best that I know of for that price point but the cheaper Renzetti vises are also good for the money.

As far as materials go, you can order materials from Bill and have him ship them to you. Bill has a great selection of tying materials, the largest in Sacramento from what I've seen and experience since I used to work there and order those same materials
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

How would I order them since I don't think he has an online shop.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that You simply call in the order, give them your credit card number, don't worry everyone there is honest, Bill will charge a small fee for shipping and you'll have you materials in 1-2 since you don't live far away.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

http://www.saltwaterflies.com/

Very good quality
    Very good prices
    Very good service
    But go see Bill first

J

I use these guys for materials when my local fly shop doesn't have what I want.

Very good selection
    Good prices
    Fast delivery for everything except for hooks which take a few extra days as they are not held in stock

http://www.bearlodgeangler.com/

Hey Gary:

Just call Bill's shop. 916-486-9958. They are open 7 days a week. UPS ground will get it to you the next day. I live in Fresno and always stop by the shop when passing through.

Bob Scheidt