Thread: B & W

Default B & W

Vets , Thanks for your service !!
    http://www.flashdemo.net/gallery/wake/index.htm

Great photo, but i know what it looks like with color. I say color all the way.

btw, did you get your framed sunset yet? I would like to see how it was framed.

Nice job, I love the black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by bolden
    Great photo, but i know what it looks like with color. I say color all the way.

btw, did you get your framed sunset yet? I would like to see how it was framed.

Yes I did !!!!!!!

Its got double matting , blue 1/4 inch ,black 3'' and cherry wood frame , to match our piano and furniture . Total Cost , print $35 .00 , print mounted on foam $10.00 , Matting $ 40.00 , frame and glass $ 200.00 , so $285.00 total is not bad considering at Michael's a craft store here in town , quoted me over 285.00 just for a frame.

It looks way better in person , no glare from the window .
    We moved all our furniture around and moved the photo to another wall , with a can light above it . Looks way better there , plus the room looks better also. At night the photo just glows !!

That framing was expensive, but it looks like they did a great job. It must be nice to see it in person.

Well done Rob! The matting and frame look great.
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

Rob, that looks fantastic. The black matting is perfect for that photo.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Quote Originally Posted by bolden
    That framing was expensive, but it looks like they did a great job. It must be nice to see it in person.

The darn wood for a frame is very expensive. My frame was 10.50 a foot and good glass with UV protection was 80.00 . I could have got the cheap glass for a lot less , but the glare was bad. $10.50 a foot was cheap compared to some, there was wood going for 25.00 a foot and more. My frame has around 12' of wood . Also the wider the wood, because of the length of the joint , the more wood you need . And the wider wood goes up like crazy per foot . My next print will be on canvas . I can get a 20 x 30 printed on canvas with sealer and UV protection , stretched for around $ 75.00 on the internet. So i will give that a try .