Thread: Fishing Almanor tomorrw

Default Fishing Almanor tomorrw

I will be fishing the Hex hatch at Lake Almanor with Matt Johnson tomorrow. I will post a report with pictures in a few days.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Good Luck! Mac from Fish First told me he was there last night and smallies were hitting on the surface. Trout or smallmouth, go get em

Good luck Adam! Really looking forward to your report.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

The hatch was short over in Geritol Cove, there was a bunch of suface activity but there was not too much catching. Matt caught 2 smallmouths, here's a picture of one:

Jeremy caught the only trout of the night:

Jeremy's trout was pretty nice, it fought well for him, based on his comments while playing the fish.

The only thing that I caught was a buzz I had 2 grabs but missed both, maybe due to the beer.

The hatch was not very large but there was a great deal of surface activity. Maybe next time will be better.

Adam Grace

SullyTM Guest

Adam...A beer buzz on the fly? Fishing at night looks cool! Did you happen to use those All Night Hexes I sent you last year? Thanks for the report.

Later...

Thom

Thom, I only fished a dry for a small bit of time. I did however remember to bring them with me this trip They are in my Hex arsenal now, I will throw one on next time I go out if they are munching flies off the surface in better numbers.

Adam Grace