Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back in the delta, bass doing just fine!

Hey David
    I would make the case that Bass Buggin' with deer hair bugs is in the dry fly purist tradition - kinda like a huge skating sedge. But then that allows Darian to claim the rubber worm as a form of nymphing
    Bass Buggin' - Bad for the heart: Good for the soul.

That's the truth , my friend - I had the burning urge to toss a Clouser while in the Delta last time ...... But God forbid anyone of you saw me doing something so .... UN-BUGGIN'

Darian chuck a rubber worm ?!? While he's a savage on many levels , I'd bet against it

BTW , sorry 'bout the 'Yankee' comment - pints are on me next time

David

Well, bass buggin' with deerhair bass bugs can be traced at least as far back as the first quarter of the 20th century and there was probably a greater assortment of deer hair bass bugs available commercially by the 1930s than there is today.

But "nymphing" with plastic worms? Why, there's no history or respectability in that at all. If you're gonna do it, just make sure no one's watching. Might just as well start trailing a live nighcrawler off the bend of your hare's ear nymph. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Senko's!!!! Yeah!!!!

Hmmmm,.... Wonder where I left my mask
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown