Thread: Klamath report?

Default Klamath report?

I'm wondering if anyone has a recent report on the Klamath? I'm most curious about the half pounders- any news?
    Al

I am hopeful....I will be up there for a week the 1st week of October. I hope it doesn't take me the whole week to find fish... I am staying in Weitchpec and plan on driving up and down 96 and 299.

Sounds like a great plan Trouter.....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

The fly club I am a member just returned from a three day trip. I talked with the organizer last night and he said they did not do very well. He said they got a few fish but in an area he had done very well in the past. He was not sure about why as the reported numbers are good.

I live in the upper Klamath watershed and fish primarily the upper river and tributaries but usually spend a few days down low in September. A buddy and I fished the lower riffles from Blakes down to Waukell about 10 days ago for nada. I spoke to the tackle shop guy in Klamath Glen and he said it had been hit or miss on steelhead and half pounders. I suspect things will be somewhat better this year compared to last - but still in recovery mode from the effects of the drought.
    Last edited by Bob Smith; 09-25-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Baltz View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has a recent report on the Klamath? I'm most curious about the half pounders- any news?
    Al
    Just fished two days on the lower river ... sloooow is the best way to describe the fishing .... caught a few half pounders and a mini adult ... covered lots of water