Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emigrant 2017

Some gorgeous fish. Thanks for sharing your adventure...Inspiration...

Great pics- best thing about digital imo, is that you can take a lot of pics and dump what doesn't work-

Great pics. What camera were you using? And what service did you use to post the pics?
    Thanks for taking us along on your trip.
    Dick

I have a Pentax Optio. It is 5+ years old but still does okay. My iPhone is probably better but does not go under water. I expect there are better waterproof point and shoots out there now. I was using photobucket to post pictures but they stopped their free service and wanted $40 a month. I started using Imgur and it seems to be working well and is free.

Thanks for getting back with answers to my ????. I have an Optio also a little square one (43WR) that I keep in the truck , probably had it at least 5 yrs also. Amazing what they can do. I have seen what photobucket is doing with their site now. I will take a look at Imgur all though I don't post many pics.
    Thanks again.

Thanks for the awesome pictures and extra-special kudos for taking the photos of the fish under water, the colors are way more vibrant and, most important of all, it is where they "breathe"- increasing their chance of survival.
    Brief thread hijack - I use Catalyst cases for my iPhones to take underwater pictures- they're good to 15', have a lanyard to dummy-cord them to my vest and never leaked once- saltwater fishing, at the beach, swimming with the dogs, snorkeling, etc. I find the Catalyst cases better than Lifeproof - which have terrible sound and only 6.5' of depth. It is one less piece of gear to bring along when back-packing. Downside is that if you lose it / gets wet you're SOL.
    And amen to the "it's the trip, not the gear" mentality.

Vet - Nice job on post #1. I was thinking the same thing on the underwater shots. The fish are in their own environment and look really good. The fins are impressive when fully extended and the colors come out. I am going canoeing at the end of the month and am going to try to get some underwater shots. Maybe I will try for underwater shots of what they call the canoe country grand slam - pike, laker, smallmouth and walleye. I may try one of those cases.
    Last edited by John H; 08-05-2017 at 06:01 PM.

I too love the underwater shots! Really makes me want to get a new case for my phone.
    I wish I could like comments on here...haha!
    Great mentality on the "place, not the gear". Words to live by right there.

Ok, I'll be the bad guy here and say what everyones thinking (or should be)......great underwater shots, but, how about the one laying on the bank? Doubt it if that one made it......

Just saying.......

Zoom in YFB,

The reel is under water, the cork is almost all the way under.

Fish is underwater.

I would've left that one alone either way...buzzkills a thread.

Just say'n.

Eric