Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polyleaders vesus Versileaders, the difference or is there any ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Hey Jeff, thanks for that information as well as the link to demystifly.com. I had never come across that site and it appears to have a lot of good information to simplify a lot of confusing things about fly fishing. I have it bookmarked now so I can go back to it and check out what all else it might have!

Bill
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/

Default Density Compensated....

Good explanation for density compensated fly lines but I'm left wondering how a versi-leader is density compensated if it tapers toward the tippet section where weight must be added to the narrowest part in order to keep the leader from "bowing"?? Are Versileaders not tapered??? If the weight is added to the coating wouldn't it be evenly distributed over its length?? That might make any added tippet sink slower than the versileader part.

Just thinking out loud here.... I've never used a versi-leader but am not sure that modern tapered leaders don't tend to "bow" much when sinking. If weight is added in the form of a wrap (lead perhaps??) or weighted fly that would seem to accomplish the same thing. Could it be that density compensation in a Versileader doesn't really matter that much but is a great marketing strategy???
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown