Thread: WTB Fly Tying Vise

Default WTB Fly Tying Vise

So my cheap starter kit fly tying vise finally self destructed on me so I'm looking to upgrade to a better vise. Does anyone have a spare or used vise laying around they would be willing to part with? I'm hoping to spend less than $100 if possible but do want to invest in a quality rotary vise if I can.

Thanks for the help!

Bump..willing to pay for a quality rotary vise. Does nobody have an old one around? Or does anyone have suggestions on a cheaper brand vise that's worth trying? I'd love to spend more on a fancy one but finances won't allow at the moment.

I would google fly tying vice sale... Peak, Renzetti and dyna-king .. check the traveler models... work just fine. The first 2 are just ~$50 over your budget. You may find a deal on e-bay.

Good Luck,

Jet

P.S. I loaned my dyna-king prince to my brother about 5 years ago.. I told him he could use it till he found something he liked. I guess he's still looking?
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

Check a little farther down the list of For Sale items for this great deal...

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthre...w-accessiories

The chairman of the board here (the person to whom I'm related by marriage) pointed out that I already have an "office" and "travel" vise an made it clear that I would end up paying more than I imagined if I bought the NorVise.

Good Luck.

I tie on a NorVise and will never go back to a standard or use any of the other so-called rotary vises. As far as the purchase goes,
    it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.

bg
    do it with a long rod and a gentle touch.