Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2016 AR Shad Reports

Tried Rossmore, Gristmill, Watt and Sailor Bar today. Only a 5 lb sucker! It's over! I'll provide a summary of this years run Monday. It was a good one!
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 07-11-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Tried Rossmore, Gristmill, Watt and Sailor Bar today. Only a 5 lb sucker! It's over! I'll orovide a summary of this years run Monday. It was a good one!
    Say it aint so!!

Jeff,

Thanks for your faithful reports! Learned a lot this year from you and others on this board. Cheers.

Tried for stripers this morning and found a bucket full of shad in the tail out of a striper hole. Got 18 and LDRed half as many. That makes over 1200 for this run! Hope they are still there tomorrow!

Jeff,
    Yesterday you said it was over! Mearly a ploy to find a new bucket and less fishermen. I was thinking to myself J.C. never says die!
    He has risen again! I am impressed.
    Side note.... many say " their only shad." But they are crying in their beer when we have a down year.
    Congrats Jeff and thanks for the posts.
    Randy

1200 is an awesome year!
    Congratulations to the true Shad Whisperer.
    Dang it I was gonna go for stripers next few days.... Hmmm maybe one more try for the silver bullets.

I really thought it was done after getting skunked two days on a row, I was swinging for stripers using my spey rod with a sucker minnow Clouser and a Maria dropper. I caught a couple of shaker stripers before I found the bucket which I'm naming Bill's Hole (for Bill Lowe who fished there a lot). Bruce actually found that spot and showed me how to fish it 5-6 years ago. Going to give it a try after work today but I'm not holding my breath. Here's a summary of this year's run: Fished 70 days straight and averaged over 17 a day (compared to around 8 per day last year) so I'd say this run was twice as good as last year's.

70 days in a row :0 now that is awesome!
    THanks so much for all the help and answered questions this year Jeff!
    We had some truly epic floats this year out on the river swinging for shad. Doubles, triples quads. Two shad landed on one swing.
    So many fish caught you didn't need to bother counting. It was more like how many casts did we make....we hooked that many shad it felt like.

So once again. Thank you for all the info and help Jeff. It truly was a nutty season.

When to Bill's Hole after work and there was no one home except for one small male. I guess I luck out on Sunday. Fished further upriver and caught 6 more and a shaker striper. One drift boat and a few bobber guys were trying for them but didn't see them catch anything. I was freaking out about stopping cold turkey so I'll keep at it even though it's pretty much done.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 07-12-2016 at 06:58 AM.

5 in a couple of hours after work. Just enough to keep me trying. Again one drift boat and a several bobber guys with none seen hooking up.