Thread: Davis Lake???

Default Davis Lake???

October is suppose to be excellent. This Board has been virtually silent. Would like some Davis experts like Gene, Jon and Pete to weigh in.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Gordon.....LOL....sometimes no news is good news..... i'm no expert just a student doing research and gathering info that i like to report on .....with the drought conditions and the low water levels, everything living in the lake went through some big changes, everyday was a consent moving to deeper water.
    Virtually silent....i don't know why this form has been silent....here are a couple of other places for info on Lake Davis.

Jon Baiocchi has a great blog for info.
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

The Grizzly Store at Lake Davis has some current info.
    http://grizzlystore.portola-ca.com/F...t/default.html

The toads are still there looking for something to eat before winter....I haven't fished Davis in a couple of weeks but if i was going fishing tomorrow i would fish around the deep water weed beds (8-10) ft. with a big streamer being pulled along slowly.
    Last edited by gene goss; 10-25-2015 at 08:47 PM.

No expert here (although long time fisher/lover of Davis), but I just got back from a long weekend at Davis today and will tell you what I found. Fished the Camp 5/ Jenkins area from 9:30-4:40 on Friday, landed 7 and had a couple break offs and a bunch of other hits. Best fishing was from about noon to 3 PM. Fished mostly burnt orange and rust wiggle tails and small (size 12) buggers in same colors. Most fish caught -4-10' of water on my clear intermediate sink tip line (from my float tube). On Saturday, fished the same area from 8:30-5:00, was very slow (nothing) in the morning but landed 6 in the afternoon. Same patterns and tactics. This morning, I fished Fairview for about 2 hours in a nasty wind and landed 2 with one hooked/lost fish before being blown off. Water there was about 3-6' deep, fished same wiggle tails and line. Most people I talked to didn't have a lot of luck, although one gent I spoke to at Jenkins had several hook-ups and lost fish. Water temp on Friday was 55/56 degrees (according to my fishing buddy), was maybe 52-54 on Sat, and this morning the reading was 50 degrees so certainly the cold nights are cooling the water. Not many people were out there, felt like I almost had the place to myself. Was my first time up there since June.

Tom

Tom