Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posting Photos, locations and flies!!!

I love taking photos of my fish and a lot of those photos probably get circulated on the internet. Any one can fish the spot you caught a fish at but not everyone can catch a fish especially on the Yuba.
    You really have to know that river to get the idea of what is going on and how to fish it. Believe me this is only my third year fly fishing and I'm only 23. I have worked that river with blood, sweat, and tears and its paid off. A photo of me with a Yuba fish is by no means saying that if you cast here you will catch a fish. The next time I'm there its always a totally different story.
    Last edited by mattv-mcfly; 02-18-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    Keep Calm and Fly Fish
    https://keepcalmandflyfish.com/

I sort of look at this way. I go to places that I'm not going to give blow-by-blow reports over the interwebs. These are the "special" places. Sensitive fisheries, places you've worked hard to find over the years, etc.......The Sierra has plenty of places like this.

Then theres the Truckee's, Yuba's, and Pyramid's of the world.........Everyone knows about em. Like some of you said already, you can give blow-by-blows, but it doesn't matter too much. These places are tough to fish and will weed out the casual fisherman.