Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Carp close to sac.

Default Any Carp close to sac.

Does anybody know any good carp spots around the city?
    I been out of circulation for a while.
    I'm hoping maybe David or Ed may know of something.
    I've seen some cruising around the launch at sailor bar, and the sloughs around Natomas but it's all too deep to fish for them with a fly rod. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    If you see a family struggling in a store or public place with their child's strange or disruptive behavior don't judge, the child could have autism, like my daughter.

Charles, what up my brother from another mother. Hope you and the family are doing great, contact me sometime and lets go fishing.

I don't know of any places for carp, but would love to know myself.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Found a nice pod at Lake Natoma yesterday , all over 10 Lbs. -

The canals behind Home Depot (off Truxel) have some , also . Hope you are well !!!

D.~

How about Mather or Cameron Park Lakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Gonzales View Post
    How about Mather or Cameron Park Lakes?
    I've never seen carp in either. Cameron I am 100% sure, I've fished it hard for the last 10+ years and never seen one.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

A bit further out, Lake Clementine has some big carp. Head up to the shallows where the North Fork of the American comes in. Also some big smallies too!

Question Carpin'....

There're several ponds surrounded by developments in North Natomas. For anyone with access, they seem to have more than their share of Carp in them. One of my friends lives on the shore of one of those ponds and says he sees Carp around his dock in the night lights. He says some of them look to be around 20 pounds. If you can gain access, seems like you'd be in the tall timber. At least one of those ponds has a public park access point on its shoreline.

There's always the pond in Southside Park and as David pointed out, the canals that run thru this area should have their share of carp, as well.

Good luck....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I've seen carp at Mather but none were I could cast to while they were feeding.

I've tried the canal behind frys in Natomas. The carp were cruising all over the place but none were feeding and my flies were just ignored.

I have also fished upper clementine but saw no carp, only caught a few small squawfish.

I really want to find a place with a shallow bay where I can see them feeding and get a fly to them.

I think I will try David's spot behind Home Depot.

Thanks again for all the advice guys.
    If you see a family struggling in a store or public place with their child's strange or disruptive behavior don't judge, the child could have autism, like my daughter.

I know there are plenty in mather, check out the south end. There are lots in Hagan park too. The dredger ponds on Lake Natomas has plenty. I would say Folsom pond but it would be a long walk, unless they let you drive down to the water.

Although it is not really in town, Camp Far West has a ton of carp in it. I have fished the North Recreation Area a bunch for spotted bass and there are carp back in all of the coves that roll. I have never tried to catch any of them but I have seen a bunch of them. Good luck.