Thread: Pyramid Update

Default Pyramid Update

It looks the lake is really starting to turn on. I had 12 fish yesterday and came on the strip which hasn't been the case yet. Saw several fish cruising the shallow beaches so I think the fishing is about to go off. Love it when those fish are on the strip and aggressive. I had one yesterday smash my bugger and then jump 5ft in the air. Not a single fish on the indicator for me and I gave it several chances.

Nice! I had a good day out there on Thursday. Lost count after the first few and ended up with over 10 I think including an 8# and 12# fish and I netted a 17# and 14.5# for my fishing partner. All fish caught under the bobber and not one stripping. Good to see many methods are working as well as more good days than slow days. Should be an excellent spring!

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Hi Pimpinmeat and Jay.......i like to thank you for the reports, looks like the catching is good.....what depth was your fly being fished for the most fish you caught at that depth????

Hey Gene
    Depth varies from beach to beach, but where I was fishing I was 91/2 to 10' approximately. Friends fishing the nets were anywhere from 7-9' and finding success. 9' is a good starting point and adjust from there until you find action.

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Hey Gene,

I just got finished updating the beaches page on www.pyramidlakeflyfishing.com and also the Techniques page. Between the two pages it should give you all the information you need to get started pretty much anywhere around the lake as far as depth of the flies. The techniques page under indictor fishing has a few sentences about how to check your depth to get started also.http://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com