Thread: South Tahoe ideas

Question South Tahoe ideas

My wife and I are going to be in the South Lake Tahoe area, around the 1st of Nov. Depending on the weather, any ideas for streams/lakes nearby? I'll just be taking a single rod (probably a Granger bamboo I have/6wt), and my wife does not fish. So short walk, fish from shore fare. It'll be a 2 day/night trip.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

A short drive south is the East Carson and downstream from the Hangman's Bridge is open all year. If it's overcast and not super cold, BWOs often hatch and the dry fly fishing can be epic.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/

And after you're finished fishing, take your wife to Grover Hot Springs for a nice soak in warm mineral water under the mountains!

I was thinking East Carson, I've fished the Carson before, but the section "behind" the airstrip. It was a bit of a hike but had epic Cutts in it.

Springs sound good too.

TY
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    And after you're finished fishing, take your wife to Grover Hot Springs for a nice soak in warm mineral water under the mountains!
    She'll love you for it! As will your muscles and bones!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Streams:
    West Carson in Hope Valley - loads of planters with great areas to walk - Closest open fishing to south lake
    East Carson - Wild fish in the canyons both downstream of hwy 89 & upstream of hwy4. Planters in between

Lakes: Most fished best from a tube.
    Spooner Lake - Spooner Lake Nevada State Park. Need a Nevada lic - bows and tiger trout fish the edges of the weed beds.
    Red Lake - Carson Pass - Cuts and brookies
    Caples Lake - Carson Pass - planter bows

Keep in mind that all the tributaries into Tahoe closed on September 30th.

Tight lines
    Dick White
    Tahoma Meadows

Dick, thanks for the "heads up".

Bob, love the vids. Reminds me of the late 80's-early 90's when I'd hit the EC and hooked into a few of the monster Cutts.

They pretty much covered it.