Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Access to Davis Lake

Default Camp 5 Boat Launch

Quote Originally Posted by FRSam View Post
    It's absolutely beautiful up here...the Fall colors have taken over. Water temps have been in the low 50's. They pulled up the pier at Camp Five today. There were lots of people out today particularly at Jenkins and the north end of the lake. Winds were light for the most part. And the coots are out in force, more this year for some reason than I've seen in years past. Also the Sandhill Cranes were about...you always hear 'em first. If today is any indicator you're probably going to see a lot of people out this Saturday & Sunday. The only bugs I saw out today were the occasional yellow jackets and a massive micro midge hatch and I mean micro off Cow Creek around 11:30am. All the roads down to the lake are open. And the fishing well it is Lake Davis and it is October so come on up and find out for yourself.

Pete
    FeatherRiverSam
    So did they remove the pier due to the " government shutdown" the end of season approaching? Wonder if they will replace it if the government changes its policys.

Quote Originally Posted by coltss View Post
    So did they remove the pier due to the " government shutdown" the end of season approaching? Wonder if they will replace it if the government changes its policys.
    No, it's in for the season. We had a dusting of snow at the higher elevations last night and they're calling for a 20% chance of snowfall at the lake today.

Pete
    FeatherRiverSam
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

I fished all day yesterday (Saturday) around Cow Creek and it was a nice Fall day, but windy from 10 until after 5. Water temps around 50-52. I don't think anyone in my area was catching great numbers of fish. Nice fish, though. I landed a couple of fat 18-inchers. My fishing buddy caught one measuring 21" and estimated 3-3.5 lbs. This was my first trip to Davis this year and it seems they're getting a little bigger each year.
    You Enjoy Myself

Yes, I'd agree with your assessment...the fish are getting bigger and the parasites seem to be under control. Hopefully with the snail population returning and the other assorted goodies showing up we'll see more and more of those fish that consistently run you into your backing.

Pete
    FeatherRiverSam
    Last edited by FRSam; 10-14-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Davis fished real good for me on Saturday. The wind didn't slow down my bite, I caught over a dozen stripping. Stayed on the water til about 4:30 fighting the wind and catching big fat fish. Did catch a couple with the copods on them, only one was kind of bad. Even caught fish in water less than a foot deep.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>