Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bucket List Browns / Where to Go?

Quote Originally Posted by cyama View Post
    Hey you guys take it easy. Tony has a boat and is very good at throwing weighted lines!!! Keep those lakes as they are!! By the way if you want to catch brown trout that aren't monsters check out the East Walker. You can get into brownies in the morning and evenings from 16-22 inches on most days when the flows are up. A lot easier to fish than the Truckee...
    East Walker has monsters too. Every now and then (especially during big water years) browns in Bridgeport res end up in the creek. Most of the rivers that connect to a large lake in the east side have a good chance of supporting a 10lb plus brown.
    My little fishing/fly tying blog- http://rustyhooks.wordpress.com/

I've got a buddy and his dad who headhunt for large browns. They fish mostly early and late in the season. They're gear guys, but we can still learn from them. Luckily they change out the hooks to barbless. I've seen them pull some really big fish from the Big Truckee. They throw 6-8" jointed Rapalas, in rainbow and brown trout patterns and are always on the move. 2-3 casts per likely spot. To throw flies that big you almost need a to wear a helmet.

So chuck a whole chicken and duck as it whizzes by your head.

Tight lines.

Dick White

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0860.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	7479
    Funny to be reading this post tonight, my brother caught this 30" beast on the truckee this evening

one more, pretty funny expression on his faceClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0861.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	7480

Owhyee River in Oregon might be worth a look
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP_mK4lyOBI
    Brad Kraetzer