Thread: Going out Monday AM with Charlie Gonzales on the "A".........

Default Going out Monday AM with Charlie Gonzales on the "A".........

Terry Thomas and I are going to float the Lower American River with Charlie on Monday.

We will all be using two-handed rods, swinging wet flies for Half-pounder Steelhead.

Hope to get some photos up here too.

http://bigvalleyguide.com/
    Last edited by Adam Grace; 03-21-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Personal info removal
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I recently bought a used pontoon boat and I never tried it yet. So where is the best spot to launch the boat and areas of safety concern for a novice?

Thanks,

Mario
    Mario19

Mario, There are many launch sites along the American parkway. I would say the place to launch right now to tackle some fish would be Rossmore to Gristmill. There is only one rapid you would have to deal with and that would be the Arden rapids. It's not bad tho, if you don't want to go for it you can always slide down the side of it holding your anchor rope. Maybe bring a Striper rod for the deep holes along a seam line. Stripers should be showing up about now. Then you can swing the riffles and tail outs for spring steel! Good luck.

I might just go watt to howe. Might be wise to try out new equipment on a short run in a populated area... just in case. Wide range of fishy water too. Easy ramps on both ends. My $.02.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Thanks Mark and Ron for the info. I just need the right time to do it.

Mario
    Mario19