Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patagonia 'Stealth Atom Sling' is hot!!!!!

Ben,

Thanks for your write up. I've known you a long time, you're a straight shooter and tell it like it is so If this bag sucked you would definitely say so. I'm thinking this could be my new Creekin companion.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.

Hey Jon,

You know how it is, these bags are never perfect and a little different for everyone. But you can't beat this one for $90.

I really dig this bag!

I mentioned this to my g/f the other day & just found out she ordered me one up yesterday from Kiene's. it seems way less intrusive than the chest pack I've been using. Can't wait to get it

We just got in another dozen of these packs.....they are one of our best selling products ever.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I got one of these packs from Kiene's about a week or so ago. Took it out for the first time last Wednesday. I really like it. It holds way more stuff than my old Williams & Joseph Current chest pack. That could be construed several ways, but it carries what you want with plenty of room left over for more. I didn't feel like I had to choose what to take based on my pack. The way it hangs on your back is a big plus. I could hardly tell it was there & there weren't any annoying neck straps to constantly remind me I was uncomfortable. These are great packs. If you're looking for a new one, check them out

I am back because I finally had a chance to fish with this bag all day in the rain. I am going to keep it short and start by saying that I still love this bag.

However, there is one pocket that I usually keep my license, wallet and a couple other small items in that a rarely use. On this day, I didn't even open this pocket until I was in my vehicle getting ready to head home. It was soaked and full of water.

Luckily it is only the little pocket on the inner edge of the bag. The zipper runs along side the edge of the back pad. Now I just put those items in a zip lock bag and its all good. After I dried out everything in my soaked wallet of course. lol

All the other pockets kept out water all day. ......and it rained constantly several times during the day where the water was pouring off the front of my hat, into my eyes, etc.....

Still love the bag.......

Just got an REI catalog in the mail and they are selling a Patagonia Atom Sling pack for $45. Is this the same pack minus a 50 cent foam fly patch?

Its not the same bag at all. It doesn't have the additional pouch/pocket that holds the 50 cent foam fly patch. It also doesn't have the better waterproof zipper covers, expecially the flap over the zipper on the main pocket. It also doesn't have the bottle holder. The overall material of the Stealth is 840 denier and this bag in question is only 420. It will make a big difference in the rain. There is probably more reasons why they are different than this.....