Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Apps for my new iPhone?

Default What Apps for my new iPhone?

I just got my first Smart Phone and I am old so I always need help with this Techy stuff.

Do you have a couple of favorite Apps?

I did get GasBuddy....shows the current prices of gasoline in your area.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill, there are free apps for moon phases, sunrise & sunset and ones for tides. At least a start.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Add U Tube since Apple(if you have an I phone) dropped it in one of their latest software updates.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

The Navionics chart and GPS app at $9.95 is an incredible bargain. Not only are most local waters charted with contour lines and depths, as long as you are getting a cell signal you have GPS in the same app. You can use it anywhere in the US and most inland lakes (even Lake Natoma locally) are charted. Best app by far IMO.

One of the apps I like is Fishhead. It was 6.99 but worth it. It integrates weather with tide and river stage/flow info (for rivers that have that) for river and locations you select.

I also have google translator (free) for when I go to Mexico. You can type or speak into the phone and it translates.

Get a flashlight and if you like music get shazam.

I am thinking of developing my own app called "why am I working today when I could be fishing". It will show pics of me and my freinds with fish. You won't need that now that you are retired.

Star Rover - cool night sky app that you hold up and it identifies the stars, planets, constellations you're looking at, Allstays - for campgrounds, Altispeed - altimeter, GPS Lite - GPS, RadarUS - weather radar, LED Light - flashlight app, AroundMe - tells you what's around your current location (restuarants, coffee shops, gas stations, banks, etc, etc). I beleive all are free.

Not that YOU would need it but "FISHHOUND" is another that I use, it's free!

"Knots 3D", a really cool ap that shows you how to tie and gives a history for each knot. Fishing, boating, climbing, scouting, and miscellaneous ones. I use it "On Site" with my students who are not clear on the concept of a particular knot I'm trying to teach. It's free.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.

Bill,
    Agree with most of the afore mentioned. Also, consider
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/appb...318404385?mt=8
    Believe it's $.99 and well worth it. Downside - doesn't seem to support the iPhone 5, yet.
    Works great on my 3GS.
    Best,
    Larry S

I ran accross this ad for a iPhone thermometer: Never tried it , but it looks interesting, especially since you can keep a record.

iCelsius Pro is a 4" stainless steel tip temperature probe with extended range transforms your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch into a digital thermometer. Use the iPhone app to record and graph your data. -22°F to 302°F Accuracy: ±0.4°F (at 77°F). Use this gadget to monitor the water temperature of your favorite streams and rivers. $39 http://www.icelsius.com/