Thread: Outcast Prowler Info

Smile Outcast Prowler Info

If I go with another float tube I am looking at the Prowler to replace my Super Fat Cat. Looking for input from anyone who has one. Will be either the Scadden Escape or the Outcast. Thanks

What's wrong with your SFC? Unless you're a REALLY big guy, I don't see the reason to change to a Prowler.

The Scadden is nice, but both of those bigger boats will just be harder to position in the wind.

The oars option on the Escape do make it more attractive for making time over longer distances though.

_SHig

I agree with Sig. There's not enough difference between the boats to warrant an upgrade. I have a SFC and a Renegade and use both but don't consider them interchangeable. The Scadden is great for rowing in still water or drifting moving water but definitely has more sail in wind than the SFC. If I'm on a larger lake and want to move, I'll use the Renegade. If smaller water and I'm targeting a specific area close to the launch, I like the SFC.

If I had to pick one I'd definitely pick the Renegade. It's very portable and holds plenty of gear and an electric motor with a group 27 battery if desired. The Rene weights 28 lbs and the SFC 12 lbs. That's a consideration that matters sometimes and the SFC rigs up faster. I'd really want to know how the 22 lb. Escape rows before investing that kind of dough when you can get a Rene for a couple hundred more.

I agree! I had the original SFC that I purchased when they first came out. It was time to replace it so I went to my local shop with the intentions of buying the same thing. The sales person talked me into the Prowler and i have been sorry ever since! It is a great tube but it's a lot heavier than the SFC and much more bulky. I would have been happy with the SFC.
    My two cents,
    Armando

Sam...either listen to Shig (this guy is WELL informed), or pull the trigger on the Scadden. Either way, you'll be happy...both crafts are quality and owners of each generally like 'em.
    RFT

I had a super fat and I sold it to buy the prowler. I have always regretted it. The super fat cat was lighter and manuvered a lot easier. The prowler is very stable however if you get in turbulent waters as the whole bottom inflates in lieu of just the seat. I still miss my super fat cat. Kevin Riffle