Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado cutthroats...in California

Thanks all, appreciate the kind words.

Ed and Dave, beer's on me next time you're in the East Bay! Unless of course I can get someone else to hoof it up there and relieve me of my new member duties.

Scott, I wasn't told of any special restrictions when picking up the permit, and I double-checked yesterday out of curiosity and can't find anything. There's no hunting of bighorns allowed, obviously. Other than that, it seems that the restriction of travel in the area was lifted after studies showed that recreational use in the area (fishing, camping, climbing) had no negative effect on the bighorn population.
    Some Sierra backcountry fishing trips: http://wanderswithtrout.wordpress.com/

Nice Matt!

I sure am glad I did that death march ( yes, it really is a death march) just to fish the wrong lakes in that watershed. LOL

Now that I am living in California, Im not quite sooooo bummed.

Still the coolest backcountry trip I have ever done. Glad you made it in there!

Also Matt, I think there MAY be a dog restriction in that area,

Very cool scenery.
    AMazing how a fish could survive up there.
    Love the pics and thanks for sharing.
    30 miles round trip doesnt sound fun at all to me.

July 5th 1999 I joined. Once I figured out the locale in 1991 took me friggin' 8 years to plan. Phil Pfister is the Club Founder (correct me if I am wrong gentlemen)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy (Dave) View Post
    Hey Ed, I guess that depends on who is the "newest" or "newer" person to join the Pleuriticus in Cali club. I joined in 2007, which is newer than some, but older than others, no doubt. What year did you join? Perhaps there are others that are newer than me (or us) and we're owed a lot of drinks by the newbies! C'mon! Work with me here!
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity

But I know none, and therefore am no beast

-William Shakespeare