Thread: float tube storage

Default float tube storage

whats the best way? currently I hang the fishcat from the carry handle at the pointy end. thanks George

I lay mine on my ATV, I wouldn't hang it from the carry handle, too much constant pressure on it in my opinion. I always try to lay mine flat with the valves left open so it can breathe.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I like to keep mine partially inflated. Wrinkles or creases in the covering or bladder can cause weak lines if left over time. Its also crucial to keep it from excessive heat.

Datapoint:

I always have mine folded up. I have an inflatable seat as well. Basically, I fold the tits in, the tail in, then three-fold it up into a bookbag sized package and use a carabiner between the backpack straps to hold it together. No issues with bladder pinching or stitching issues to date. Of course I TRY to dry it out before putting it away. I fold the rod rack and the stripping apron inside this as well.

_SHig

I'm with SHig, I have always stored mine dry and folded in a bag. Hoep this isn't bad for the bladders?

Dan
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

I did have a bladder fail exactly at the point where I always folded it. It was at the bladder seam and the fold was making a kink. This may be an isolated incident but I stopped folding tubes after that. I will fold it when Im packing for a trip and using the tube, but not for storage.

Default storage

SHig,
    You have one with "tits?" Guess I didn't consider that option. Next one!
    Curious - anyone know what the manufacturers recommend?
    Best to all from "sting ray city,"
    Larry S

I also partially deflate mine and lay it flat. I hung it for a while but the bladders seemed to be affected by gravitation and slip down inside the covers. Had a devil of a time getting it all straightened out.

thanks everyone I checked the instructions "deflated loosely rolled". I agree on the hanging FC4 12lb over time the threads will prob seperate thanks again George