Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hwy 89 Trip

BobVP,
    You never should have said that!!!!

Default Oops...

Yep Terry you are probably correct.

Mind you though I have seen plenty of rattlers in my life, just not any while fishing. I even saw one on the Trinity once while whitewater canoeing a section of the lower river...dang thing was in the water! It did not look happy, which actually may be typical for a rattlesnake anyway...I don't their jaws let them smile much.

Now I really need to keep my eyes open!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVP View Post
    Okay My Friends....
    I have a desire to do something this summer I have never done, which a little embarrassing considering I am a native... I want to start fishing near Downieville (Lav, NFY, Lady..etc) then head over the hill to Greyeagle area (NFF) and then (and this is the part I haven't done) follow 89 north. I'll end up fishing all the spots I have fished before along the way near Chester (Butt Valley, Warner Road...) then head up through Lassen (Haven't been on the east side of that park in 40 years) and fish Hat, Pit, Fall (I'll have my canoe with me). Then off to fish the McCloud (Only fished the Mccloud on time), Upper Sac.

It may be my only trip of the summer given economic constraints, i.e,; If there is work I need to do it! So I am asking this of you folks that know better the "places in between": What one place should I not miss? What one road should I take off the highway for a day? Is there a little stream I should see or fish? (I love small streams) What is best for McCloud (Fowlers...conservancy...), or Feather...or "between"?

I have fished all of the above waters with the exception of the Feather so I know where I want to return to and I am usually a "successful" fisher, that is: I always enjoy myself, fish or no fish, so any spot that is beautiful and might have fish is good. And, I would love to find a new (to me) place to put on the list of places I've fished.

Don't need the special secret place. Have very little desire to catch 24" trout (I didn't say "NO Desire"...I do fish the Fall after all and the flats of the Hat..) but have a great desire to fish places that are beautiful and where the fish ain't dumb.

Thanks

Bob
    Headed out tomorrow and I have a little problem...I need new tippet and a few other things! I thought I'd get some last week but no go...I am headed toward Truckee, via Grass Valley so I'm not gonna' get it at Kiene's (Sorry Bill...) so where can I go? Is the fly shop in Nevada city still open? (His last fish report is years old...) How about West Fly in Truckee, are they back this year? Some other place in Truckee? Any help appreciated and THANKS AGAIN for all the advice and creeks. Too many to make in one trip so I've already planned to go again in July.
    Any of you see a white Forester with a green Navarro canoe on top stop by and chat.

Mountain Hardware and Sport in Truckee has plenty of fly fishing gear and tackle. Easy to find and very helpful staff.

--F.G. Dave
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/