Thread: Semi-retired and fishing more now....yahoo!

Default Semi-retired and fishing more now....yahoo!

I am semi-retired because I am old and have a great staff and Aaron Stiny as a manger of the shop now.

We just returned from 6 weeks in Florida at our little fishing shack in Sebastian, FL. We fished almost every day for warm water speices with LMB the big deal. We have Crappie, LMB, Blue Gills and Talapia in the nice fresh water canal behind our place.

Now we are back and getting caught up with little things to do.

I am excited about the small Steelhead in the valley rivers and hope to get out for them soon.

Early April my daughter Amy is having a little boy, her first child......yahoo.

April 21 is our Expo.....

Terry Thomas and I will take our annual guided trip in May up below Colusa, CA on the Sacramento River with Shaane Harden for Stripers.

Might get to Kelsey Bass Ranch...

Hope to float the Lower American River this summer with Andy Guibord for Stripers....

Will be going to the Delta in May for top water LMB.

We have a nice trip in June to Wisconson for Musky & Smallmouth Bass with "Musky Country Outfitters".

Aaron Stiny & I are going to the Yucatan through "Angling On the Fly" travel service in July to Isla Blanca (north of Cancun) and to Tarpon Cay Lodge, northwest of Cancun, for a week. Sight casting to Baby Tarpon, Permit, Bonefish, Snook and other exciting flats fish.

August/Sept I will be chasing SMB on the Lower Feather river with Andy Guibord and Aaron Stiny.

In the mid-summer we will take our little motor home up north to visit many old friends in Oregon.....

We be doing some fall two-handed fly fising for Steelhead on the Trinity and Klamath in Sept/Oct/Nov with Janson Hartwick.

Fall/winter we will prbably go back to Florida for a month or more.

Life is good....all I need to do is stay healthy now.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default You deserve it Bill.

Bill, it's great to hear about your plans. Sounds like a busy year of fishing and some exciting travel destinations. Get after it! The trip to the Yucatan sounds cool, that place is calling my name, too!

It's a real shame that a lot of people don't get the opportunity or TAKE the opportunity to travel more often. I have heard so many stories of hunting/fishing trips "old timers" used to take back in the 40's, 50's and 60's - seems people had more leisure time and little more $$ back then. Or, things were less expensive?

Enjoy your part-time retirement you and Marilyn deserve it!!
    "Fishing should be a ceremony that reaffirms our place in the natural world and helps us resist further estrangement from our origins."
    Thomas McGuane

www.reeladventuresguideservice.com

Default Fish on

Bill and Marilyn Congratulations! You do have a great staff at the shop and that's good they are allowing you time away to have fun Bill that is quite the calander of fishing trips you have ahead of you... That's awesome!! Hey I heard you finally sold the shop to Scott V

FINALLY

Enjoy yourself big-guy
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Good for you, Bill. Hope you and the Mrs enjoy enjoy it to the fullest for many years to come!

Default maybe TX

for reds, bass, and more?
    Brett Humphries
    http://www.hillcountryflyfishing.com
    512-47zero-6886